Intended Use of Personal Data
Intended Use of Personal Data
When I&D obtains personal data from customers, I&D clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data is intended to be used and uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, I&D notifies the customer to that effect and obtains the customer's consent before using the information for such purpose in accordance with I&D's Personal Data Protection Policy.
For more details, please refer to I&D's Personal Data Protection Policy.
When you provide us your personal Data, please refer to I&D's Personal Data Protection Policy and the Handling of I&D's Personal Data Protection Policy. Please note that some services provided by I&D (including services offered on websites operated by I&D) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
Provision of Personal Data
- I&D does not disclose customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases.
- When the customer has given a prior consent to the disclosure
- When complying with laws and regulations
- When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When I&D consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When another entity succeeds to the business of I&D Inc. due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
- Notwithstanding (1) above, when it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately dealt with by a I&D affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor. In such case, the customer may request I&D to stop disclosing such information to such affiliate or distributor.
- Procedures for Requests for Disclosure
I&D complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal data held by I&D : 1) Request for disclosure; 2) Request for notification of the intended purpose ; 3) Request for correction; 4) Request for addition; 5) Request for deletion; and 6) Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosure to third parties. Please refer to Procedures concerning Requests for Disclosure for request forms and other details.
Please note that there is a fee charged for requests for disclosure and requests for notification of the intended use.
Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
- Customers should direct inquiries concerning their personal data to the business group with which they have registered the information (in the case of a website, with the organization administering the site (Inquiry List).
- Inquiries about the Personal Data Protection Policy in general or inquiries when the point of contact is unclear should be directed to the Personal Data Protection section.
Estepa-Yoyogiuehara, 46-18, Oyama-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0065, Japan
This web is protected by SSL in order to maintain privacy.